Friday, February 2, 2007

Checking in with a January Summary

WELL . . . .

Life is never boring!

Hhhmmm let's see . . . what has taken place in January of 2007.

  • I launched DIYWebTech.Com and it is getting a 26.8% conversion rate. That means that more than 25% of the people who visit the site decide to sign up for the FREE SILVER Membership. This is awesome because the industry standard for conversion is 2% with 5% being a really good conversion rate. So I think I must have learned a few things about copy along the way.
  • I attracted a Joint Venture partner for DIYWebTech.Com. He is a really nice man from Australia and a self-made millionaire. He is launching a really big site on how to be successful online along with how to setup your online business like a real business that can be sold in the future. Very similar to the Michael Gerber philosophies (of EMyth fame). My JV partners launch has been delayed (I haven't decided if he's building anticipation strategically or if you just needs more time :-) the delays are a great tactic for building up demand) so as soon as his site is launched (I'm integrated into his site so it will be a great source of traffic for me) I will make an announcement here.
  • I attracted two new spiritual counseling clients! They appeared out of the woodwork which is always a sign to me that things are in divine order. And I haven't even begun to market my spiritual counseling services yet so this is very exciting.

The biggest change happened at the end of the month. My significant other put his foot down and asked me to draw a line in the sand about whether I was leaving or staying in the relationship. We have been engaged for years but the relationship has always been rocky. I decided to leave and I will be relocating halfway across the country to my home town of Portland, Oregon.

Although the ending of our relationship is really sad because we love eachother, it is also a blessing because they way we relate to one another was not healthy and we needed to change. In addition, he has been my financial support and closest companion over the last 3 1/2 years while I completed my schooling. Being pushed to move out is forcing me to step up my money making efforts into full gear because I need to support myself right away!

The good news is that I will have assistance from friends and family for the move so I will have a place to stay and some income coming in right away (although it will be a very small amount.)

This change has put out of the frying pan and directly into the FIRE!!!!

Leaving with very little and no secured source of income is nothing short of a huge leap of faith. But everytime I take action towards making this move happen, spirit comes in with an assist. I am being handed what I want very quickly and again . . . this is a sure sign that this move is in divine order.

So I thank my former fiance for kicking me in the butt and getting me out of my rut!

He has always been the definition of a true soul mate, one who through relationship forces you to be a better person in whatever means necessary!

Wendy

2 comments:

Pat said...

Hi Wendy: Wow! You've been busy since I last checked in on you! Many changes. I applaud you. Sincerely. Your long-standing relationship change (end) is very similar to the one I'm currently involved in. After 10 years of marriage, Hubby and I are getting a permanent legally decreed Separation. Since we are amicable, just not compatible, and due to our advanced ages, this is really the best solution for us. But, as you so well know, it still is not at all easy. I wish you all the best, always, Wendy. You so deserve it, and so much more of the "good" that our Universe has to offer.

Founder - DIYWebTech.Com said...

Eternally Curious,

Thank you so much for the kind words. This past weekend was very emotional for me and very challenging as well but I'm determined to live life differently learning from my mistakes and moving in a different way through the world.

So I am focusing on what I WANT instead of spending too much time lamenting things that are upsetting to me.

My heart hurts right now but I feel better when I turn my focus on what I am creating.

Thanks again for the comments. It does my heart a world of good!

Sincerely,
Wendy