Thursday, January 4, 2007

2007 Is My YEAR!!!!!

Hello,

My name is Wendy Williams. I am a black woman in my late thirties with longish hair who is often mistaken for Wendy Williams, the New York City Radio DJ/Goddess of Gossip (at least on the Internet.)

But I am NOT THAT Wendy Williams! (Please o Please, fans of the other Wendy Williams, STOP EMAILING ME!!!!!!)

Anyway, instead of having a TV show on VH1 and talking about hip hop celebrities all day, I spend my time completely immersed in business, Internet marketing, coaching, and spirituality. I LOVE personal and spiritual growth and I have just re-configured my life so that I can make a living doing what I love!

And I am celebrating . . .

Here is what I have accomplished to simply arrive at this starting point:

1987 - Graduated from high school
1988 - Joined a dance group that lead to commercials, concerts, a TV show, and local fame
1989 - Switched my career from retail sales to the computer field
1994 - Gave myself a $13,000.00 p/yr raise by getting a new job. Began project management
1996 - Took all of the Context Associated classes and coached success teams for two years
1996 - Suffered divine discontent and began to be allergic to my lucrative computer career
1997 - Quit my high paying job, began consulting part time, and explored alternative careers
1997 - Worked in television behind the scenes and as on-air talent, discovered new passion for healing and mental and spiritual growth issues
1997 - Studied alternative spirituality, discovered and honed intuitive and healing skills
1998 - Met my soul mate and discovered it is NOT a bed of roses when it's real
1999 - Moved to the deep south with my white soul mate for bigotry adventures
1999 - Acquired my highest paying computer job and began jet setting
2003 - Went back to school to complete a bachelors and masters degree in psychology
2006 - Finished my Master of Science Degree in Counseling Psychology

2007 - Launched my Coaching Career!

I can't believe how many twists and turns took place to get me to this point. If you ever enjoy one of my products, you will hear more details about my adventures. But the point of this summary is this:

LIFE IS NOT ABOUT ARRIVING AT A DESTINATION. IT IS ABOUT BECOMING THE PERSON YOU CHOOSE TO BE BY WORKING HARD TO GET THERE.

To all women entrepreneurs,

More power to ya' baby! Kick ass. Make waves. Sing out loud. Make yourself proud.

Wendy



(no, this is not me either but a clear representation of the joy I feel about where I am in life.)

============================
My Internet Projects:
http://www.diywebtech.com
http://www.meditationformastery.com
============================

2 comments:

Michele said...

congrats on everything you have accomplished and all the life lessons. I have a deep respect for anyone who goes back to school and gets their degree. It's a challenge.

Pat said...

Hi Wendy! Followed you here from Barbara's boards (I'm ubu there). Being a small (very small) business owner, I just wanted to stop by and say howdy and to offer my wishes to you for all the best and great successes. I love your spirit!